Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hiatus Over... For Now...

Well dear readers, I think it’s about time I remove my blog from hiatus and share with you some new material that I’ve come up with. It’s been a long time since my last post so let me bring you up to date on some of the past few months.

I’ve actually been living a very comfortable life here in Melbourne - essentially my life is now the same as it was before I left. I was working the 9-5 grind, well... 9-6 grind, pub on Friday night, watch the footy, and chores on the weekend. It really wasn’t that eventful. Oh what was I doing for work you ask? Well I was in a call centre working for a telecom company - which was a BIG switch from the live entertainment ticketing industry that I was used to. It wasn’t the easiest adaptation but thankfully the crew over there was top notch. Overall the experience I gained out here has boosted my resume, gained me friends for life, and opened up a whole new industry.

A few fans might remember my post on integrating into a foreign society, and I can definitely say that I’ve achieved this here. On the flip side though I have lost touch with a lot of my traveller friends in the process as I’ve been living the 9-5 lifestyle, living in the burbs and not going out on a schoolnight. Thankfully for social networks everyone can still keep track of each other’s movements around the globe.

A lot of you may be wondering where I’m at now? What am I doing? Well I recently had to leave my job due to my 6 month visa restriction. While a lot of my workmates were cursing this restriction, I fully understand it and accept it. And sadly all attempts to find any sort of loophole failed. I took a trip overseas which was a great way to escape the bloody winter here - but winter’s welcomed me back with a vengeance here in Melbourne. So for the time being I’m back at bat when it comes to the job search and living the good life for now.

Stay tuned - lots of entertaining material coming up...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment (please try and keep it clean)